Friday, May 10, 2013

What's for Breakfast?

I have to say that being wheat-free breakfast has been one of the hardest meals to change.  If we all eat toast then we go through about a loaf every morning - and that means I have to make lots of wheat free bread! 

So for breakfast here's a few things that we've eaten lately:

  • pumpkin squares
  • pumpkin pie - made with spelt crust
  • peanut butter cookies
  • eggs & fried potatoes (this is my favourite and I eat it almost every day.  I've found that I just don't like sweet so much first thing in the morning)
  • omelets with peppers and ham (the ham is a post for another day!  If you know me you know how we usually avoid pork) This one TR eats when he's home for the morning.  
  • Almond coconut bars
  • Leftover pancakes 
  • Oatmeal with cream and maple syrup (with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!