Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Everything is about to change . . .

Many things have been happening in my life in the last year and a half. Good things I think, but so many changes. Lately I just think 'Who am I? How did I get to this place?"

Well, it's been changes, little tiny baby steps in some places, and huge big jumps in others. The latest change is our diet. As some of you are aware, TR was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about 7 months ago. Recently I came across a big entitled "The Great Physician's Rx for Woman's Health" What I read in there sent shock waves throughout my brain. The author of this book (Jordan Rubin) challenges his readers to live their life in a Godly manner that is pleasing to God. And that involves health. I thought I was healthy - until I read that nearly everything has sugar in it, and preservatives. And then I checked my cupboards and fridge and discovered he was right. The really great part is that he suffered from Crohns when he was 19 years old. The doctors wanted to remove most of his intestines. After changing his lifestyle and his diet he is now in perfect health with a very healthy intestine! For those of you who don't know, Crohns and Colitis are similar diseases. So, we are giving it a go. He has designed the diet for 7 weeks. So for now our goal is to eat and live how he outlines in his book and after the 7 weeks to re-evaluate.

I love talking about this. It is quickly becoming my passion. I can get quite long winded. So, in an effort to save my relationships with those people whom I love dearly, but who are not as excited about this as I am :) I will be sharing with you on this blog how our journey is going.

1 comment:

  1. You are opening my eyes greatly to what I am eating and putting on my skin. Things I have never thought of before. I just eat without thinking because that's what I've always ate. I really enjoy listening to you talk about this. I am waiting to see exactly what you eat, and recipes too. So I can make some changes for my family too! Thanks so much for this blog. It will be a big help to me as I'm too tired to do it on my own, I will learn from you!

    P.s. Plus, then I know what to cook that TR can eat for when we get together.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!