So what exactly are TR and I eating? Well I will tell you what we are NOT eating in this blog entry. What we are trying to avoid at all costs. Jordan Rubin calls them the Dirty Dozen.
1. Pork Products
2. Shellfish, and fish without fins and scales such as catfish, shark and eel, lobsters, crabs and clams
3. Hydrogenated oils
4. Artificial sweeteners (aspartame, splenda etc)
5. White flour
6. White sugar
7. Soft drinks
8. Pasteurized, homogenized skim milk
9. Corn syrup
10. Hydrolyzed soy protein (found in imitation meat, and I think it's in most soy sauces too)
11. Artificial flavours and colours (this is probably the hardest one. It is in EVERYTHING packaged!)
12. Excessive alcohol
There are more foods that he recommends you eat very sparingly, but this is the avoid-at-all-costs list.