Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My twist on Summaborsht

I have been craving summaborsht. CRAVING. But what to do when it involves pork?

Make it with beef :)

Here's my version of Summaborsht:

~ Boil chopped potatoes in water. Add chopped onions. Add dill, salt and pepper, celery seed (fresh would've been better). Add chopped carrots (I did these really fine, more for nutrition than for flavour).

~ Let it simmer on the stove for a while.
~ Add cooked ground beef. I put mine through the processor first so that it was really fine, but if you like chunks than skip that step.

~ Let it simmer for as long as you like. Add cream and enjoy!

I LOVED it. It totally hit the spot and tasted great. If I hadn't grown up knowing that Summaborsht was a soup that was meant for ham or varsht, I never would have thought twice about this soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!