Friday, June 3, 2011

Thankful

I am so thankful that my eyes have been opened in the last year. It's hard to face the truth about what you're eating and breathing. Hard to make changes. Hard to pay more. Hard to realize that no matter what you do, it will never be perfect. In fact the more I learn, the more I realize how much more I could change.

And yet, I'd rather have that then ignorance. I want to do what I can to live cleaner, healthier, to protect and care for this earth - to be a good steward of what God has entrusted to my care. I want to pass this on to my children.

I read a very good book recently that opened my eyes a little more. It's called "Having Faith" by Sandra Steingraber. She talks about unborn babies and the chemicals/pollutions that cause them harm in the womb. She also talks about breastfeeding and the toxins in breast milk. A lot of things are hard to control - but ignorance won't change anything. A great read - a little scary. But we should be scared! Hiding our heads in the sand won't do anything but cause more harm.

Anyway, just wanted to share. Here's the link if you want to read a bit about the book.

http://steingraber.com/books/having-faith/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!