Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BBQ Sauce & Moroccan Veggies

So I'll tell your right now - the BBQ sauce is awful! Incredibly awful . . . TR said it smelt like something that had been left out for weeks, and it didn't taste much better! The name of the recipe however is . . .

The Best BBQ Sauce

1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Dash of tabasco sauce

Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute about 5 min. Stir in remaining ing. Simmer 5-10 min. After it had cooled a bit I blended it so that we would have a smooth sauce. Up until the blending it looked okay, but the oil didn't want to mix properly so I don't think it would have worked without blending. Maybe it was the kind of oil I used (extra virgin olive?). Whatever the case I will be taking this recipe out of my book and into the garbage.

Moroccan Roasted Root Vegetables

4 cups root veg. cut in 2 cm cubes
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

Preheat oven to 425 F. Mix spices and oil. Coat veg. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
Cook uncovered 40-50 min, turning occasionally.

This was AWESOME! We all really liked it a lot. Even Chloe asked for seconds. I just did potatoes this time and left the peel on. They were crunchy and soft on the inside. The flavour was really really good. I am sure that this will be a staple in our house from now on :)

* Just a little side note about turmeric. It is a really healthy spice, but in order to get the full benefits (I read this in a book about fighting cancer) it needs 2 things. You need to mix it with oil before you add it to the dish (it stabilizes it I guess) and you should eat pepper at the same time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!